ISKO – France is a national chapters of ISKO (International Society for Knowledge Organization). Relations between France and ISKO International ISKO (International Society of Knowledge Organization) are defined by the following: International Society for Knowledge Organization (ISKO) – Charter preamble and In Int. Classifications. 16 (1989) No.3 – ISKO News. Any member of ISKO – France is in fact a member of ISKO International.
The association is a learned society to promote research and exchanges in the field of knowledge organization, in the information sciences and all disciplines, in particular by the following means:
- Development of relations and connections within the community of researchers and practitioners in the fields and scientific disciplines contributing to the development of knowledge organization;
- Organization of study days, conferences and seminars, especially the French Chapter of scientific event which is held every two years, alternating with the International Congress ISKO;
- And any other activities consistent with the purposes of the association.
ISKO-France 13th International Conference
In tribute to Jacques Maniez
“Social Epistemology in the organization of knowledge”
Organized jointly by the French Chapter of ISKO and the research unit ELICO
October 19-20, 2023
Conference to be held at: Jean Moulin Lyon3 University
Lyon has hosted the French chapter of ISKO twice, first in 1999, dealing with the theme of “Indexing in the age of the Internet” then the second time in 2009; at that time, this 7th chapter (“Collective intelligence and organization of knowledge”) had addressed this question around the societal aspects of the organization of knowledge in connection with the advent of the so-called “social” web.
In the continuity of these chapters, the thirteenth ISKO-France conference in Lyon aims to open up a space for researchers to reflect on the social dimension in the organization of knowledge with regard to the generalization of digital technology within the society, but not exclusively.
Guest speakers :
- Birger Hjorland, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Brigitte Juanals, Aix Marseille University, France
More informations here: https://isko-france2023.sciencesconf.org/